Well, let's see if I can remember the highlights from November. (It certainly wasn't my intention to skip an entire month on this blog. Ugh!)
November brought 4-H back into the house. I had a meeting with the other gal that is helping lead the Cloverbud club, as well our first actual meeting. We had 12 kids for the first Cloverbud meeting. That was great! The kids really seemed to have a good time...and I did too. One Saturday evening, Mike and I attended the county-wide recognition banquet. Boy did that bring back memories of our club's awards banquet.
Nicholas was supposed to go to Morgantown for a follow-up with the ENT, but he woke up with a fever the morning that we were to go. So I had to call and reschedule for a Friday in January. Let's hope that we can make that one. If the weather looks dicey, then I may request that Mike take a day off to help me. We'll have to see.
The hand bell choir at church played twice in November. On the first, we played "Seek Ye First with Pachabel's Canon." The first Sunday in Advent (Nov 29) we played "O Come O Come Emmanuel." The group is progressing right along. Now we are practicing for Christmas Eve service.
The big event of the month was Thanksgiving. Once again, we had dinner here in Chapmanville. Dad and Judy were here, as well as Connie and Arnold. We all had a very enjoyable time of food and fun. There was playing of the Wii after Thursday's dinner. Friday afternoon, Connie and Arnold watched the kids so Mike and I could spend a little bit of time together. We ended up shopping in Charleston....something I said I didn't want to do! But, boy, am I glad we did. The shopping for the kids got about half done in just a few hours....and we went with only two ideas for Nicholas.
The kids are both doing well. Mike's been busy with work...but that's nothing new. I have been getting things ready for Christmas. I figure the baking will commence next week. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to make, but I need to get some supplies. Being down to one car this week has made doing much of anything a challenge. Mike's truck is acting up, so it was in the shop in Logan Friday - Monday. (We weren't able to get it on Saturday.) Monday night we took it to the Nissan garage in St. Albans (about an hour from here...in one direction) and we are waiting to see when we will get it back. They are waiting on the part to arrive to get the truck fixed.
This past Saturday we had a family day out. It had been about 2 months since we had one of those. We visited the Clay Center in Charleston. They had a lot of interactive exhibits - both of the kids really had fun, but I think their favorite was the water room. Go figure! Mike and I both liked the health area - they had a version of Hollywood Squares where body parts were in the squares. When we left there, we headed over to the mall. Some more shopping was completed, as well as the most important visit to see Santa Claus. Nicholas was great with him, but Elizabeth was upset that I put her on his lap. Made for a fun picture regardless...... Then we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner; we finally got to use the gift certificate Mike had gotten last Christmas.
I'm sure that I could write more, but I need to sign off for now. The dryer is buzzing and I have some more housework to do. I am trying to multi-task and do as much as possible today while Elizabeth is napping. Yesterday she was sick, and therefore, clingy. I didn't get anything much accomplished, so I needed a catch-up day...and since she is acting more like herself....well....
Until next time.....
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment