Since the last time, we have had lots of snow and cold weather. There seems to be a pattern of getting a huge snow on Fridays, thus crippling Saturdays. But even so, the snow has been beautiful in January.
The kids are getting bigger every day. Nicholas is loving school, although lately I've been having trouble getting him out of bed in the morning. He is such a slow mover. Elizabeth continues to add words to her vocabulary. She is also learning songs and loves to sing. They love playing together, most of the time. One minute they are playing house with the kitchen and the tea set, the next minute they are racing around the house like Lightning McQueen and Doc Hudson or playing with Nicholas' nerf gun. (Nicholas will cock the gun and tell Elizabeth to push the button.) It's fun to watch them....and listen. Elizabeth says "Ick-less" and Nicholas will say "Liz-beff." They sure do love each other! And I'm so glad. (That doesn't mean that there aren't days where they fight and get in trouble....because, believe me, there are!!!)
Elizabeth is now in a "big girl" bed - Princesses. We moved her into a toddler bed in early January. Daddy and Nicholas built it one afternoon while she napped. So there was a surprise waiting for one little girl when she woke up. She has slept in it great from day 1. We are so proud of our little princess.
Mike and I are doing fine. He's been working a lot again lately. I've just been busy keeping up with the kids and the house work. I started tearing down wallpaper again a few weeks ago. This time on the stairwell. The paper is down; I just need to finish cleaning up the wall, get a can of paint, and paint it. This is the last one we are doing -other than Elizabeth's room and we're holding off on it for now. We also need to finish up the entry. The paint only goes up so far, as I'm not comfortable trying to reach further when I'm painting without another adult here.
Saturday, January 23 my sister and her best friend came down for the weekend and we all went to see the Rascal Flatts concert in Charleston. Boy was that something!!!! It was an awesome concert. Daruis Rucker (Hootie of Hootie and the Blowfish) opened for them. He put on a good set too!
We've all been passing around a cold here, so now it's Elizabeth's turn and I'm waiting for her to wake up. Who knows what we'll get into today!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like things are going well. We just moved Erin from a toddler bed to her "big girl" bed. They grow sooo fast! Hope you are enjoying the snow!
Post a Comment