Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February in a Nut Shell

Well, the month of February brought cold weather and colds to our house. All four of us were sick at some point during the month. Nicholas missed several days of school because of the snow and cold temperatures. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to let the kids play in the snow because one of the two of them was always sick. I think I was as disappointed as they were.

Nicholas is loving school; he is really learning his letters. The other day the kids and I were looking at a picture book. Elizabeth would point to pictures and/or tell me what she saw. I had Nicholas do the hard ones. He was also "spelling" the words beneath the pictures. School has been awesome for him!

There was a Valentine's Day dinner at church. Mike and I won the "Sweetheart Couple" for this year's dinner. (They drew names out of a basket....so we didn't have to really do anything to win.) For the dinner, I took a cake and came home with two. Most of mine wasn't eaten, and then the prize for the couple was a cake from the local bakery. Not to mention that I had made a cake for the kids for VD! Some of it went to the freezer!!

Mike's life continues to revolve around work. If I were to keep track (which I'm not), he spends SO much more time there than at home...by leaps and bounds. He only had one weekend off this month!

Nicholas had a follow-up doctor appointment in Morgantown to check his ears from where they took his tubes out in June 2009. (This was the 4th try to get them looked at - cancel, reschedule, cancel, reschedule, ....) Mike had to take the day off to take us due to weather, but I was making sure that Nicholas got there this time! He had fluid on his ears, so he has been taking an antibiotic for a couple of weeks and goes back before we know it.

The kids spent a weekend in Bridgeport with Grandma and Papaw Bramer. I spent that same weekend at Jackson's Mill learning recreation skills that I can use with the 4-Hers (and anywhere else I may need to have group activities). What a fun weekend!!! And the kids enjoyed their time with Connie and Arnold. :) Elizabeth cried for Grandma when we put her in the car; I guess she didn't want to leave.

The other thing that I have gotten involved with is the Policy Council for HeadStart. This is the group that regulates what goes on in the classrooms. We decide about menus for most of the classes, end of year activities, emergency procedures, hirings/firings, and all kinds of business matters. This is good for me; it gets me out of the house and functioning like an adult. I hope to get to a point where I can volunteer in Nicholas' classroom before the end of school, but I'm not sure. With all of the colds we've had in this house, every time I think I might go down for the day, someone is sick.

I am certain that I am forgetting things. I know that I need to do better about updating this blog so that I don't do that so much. Guess I need to have a day each week that one of my to-do's is blogging. I'll give it a try. So be on the lookout for another post early next week....unless I have something to say before then.

Have a great week! Spring isn't all that far away! Woo-hoo!

No comments: