Well, I had the opportunity to spend the weekend at Jackson's Mill State 4-H camp again this weekend. The first weekend every March 4-Her's from all over the state come to the Mill to learn dances and have a great time. They teach all kinds of things: clogging, waltzes, polka, square dancing, folk dancing, line dancing, disco, couples country, couples swing, Latin dance, Hawaiian, Scottish, German, Turkish, Irish, Morris dancing (beating sticks together) and Rapper Sword (where groups of 5 dance in a group while holding two handled bendable "swords"). And I know there were other classes that I am forgetting! Quite a selection.....
On Saturday, everyone went to 8 classes during the day. Then in the evening they brought in a live band for an hour of square dancing. Then we also had an hour of folk dancing. Sunday morning, some of the classes performed their dances for the entire group as an exhibition. It was really interesting to see the types of dancing that I didn't go to.
It was so much fun dancing and seeing friends that I hadn't seen in years. I love going to state events, especially at Jackson's Mill. It is such a special place!
And, of course, I couldn't have gone without help with Nicholas and Elizabeth. My in-laws were here and watched the kids for the weekend....and helped Mike celebrate his birthday on Sunday. I very much appreciate their help so I can get these breaks and the chance to be "Stephanie" and not just "Mommy."
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment