Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Heavens! It's been a while....

I've not lived up to my end of the bargain, now have I??? Sorry about that. Here's an abbreviated update of the last month or so.....

Elizabeth saw the doctor for her 2-yr appointment and is doing great! The doctor was even surprised with some of the things I told her she was doing - reciting ABC's and counting. The doc said that she is doing lots more than they expect for a child to do at age 3.

Nicholas saw the ENT doctor and is going to have to have tubes put back in his ears...and possibly an adenoid-ectomy. We'll find out the day of the surgery about that.

Jennifer, her girls, my kids and I went to the Pittsburgh Zoo for a day in early April. It was neat seeing all of the animals there, but even neater watching the kids react to what they saw.

Nicholas, Elizabeth and I went to see Curious George Live over spring break. That was fun, but the day was very trying. I found out that Elizabeth gets car-sick. Shortly before I was ready to head home, there was a big wreck on the interstate and I chose to stay in Barboursville and shop a little longer. It was a LONG day.

The kids and I made the trip last weekend to Morgantown for Brayleigh and Breagan's birthday party. Jennifer had a surprise roller-skating party for them. First time I was on skates in years.

On our trips north, we've spent time with both sides of the family...mostly just hangin' out.

Here locally, I am involved with Nicholas' school governance committee. It is really interesting to see how the program works - all the in's and out's. We've been working on a project where I visited a couple of the other centers last month. It was neat to see how the centers are different and the same. I have also been working with the 4-H group. We are currently planning our summer camp. Looks like a Vegas theme....looks to be fun! I'm excited!

Of course, we have the bell choir. One more month and that will wind down until the fall. We are sadden by the upcoming departure of our minister. He is taking a church in Weston. He is a really great pastor, but from what we are hearing the new one is going to be good too. It's just change...and how many of us really like that?

Mike's been working really hard - lots of long hours and weekend work. This past weekend he spent time installing equipment and working with folks that were here from Denmark.

So, I think that hits the highlights of the last month. I really do want to do better about updating this thing.

No comments: