Thursday, December 11, 2008

Doctor Appointments and Christmas Prep

We have had a couple of busy weeks. Last Tuesday Nicholas went to the neurologist; he seemed very interested in Nicholas' history. He thinks that Nicholas will benefit from some more PT and OT. I am in the process of completing the paperwork to get him evaluated here in WV. It's the same thing I would have done in Indiana to transition him from First Steps. Then on Thursday, I took Nicholas to the orthopedic surgeon. He thinks that Nicholas looks good...just normal things for a 3 year old. He thinks we should get Nicholas in preschool. We don't have to go back to him. However, the preschool thing might be an issue. In WV, at least down here, there are no preschools; the school system offers a Pre-K program for 4-year-olds.

Over the weekend, we put up our Christmas decorations. Both of the kids enjoyed it, but Nicholas especially liked putting ornaments on the tree. Yesterday he helped me wrap some gifts. We also made a store run so I could get my baking ingredients. That's on tap for next week.....baking spree. :)

On Sunday afternoon, the church we have been attending had a Christmas party, complete with a visit from Santa. It was a nice little party. But Nicholas was none to happy that Santa showed up. He is not a fan! Elizabeth was okay until she realized Santa had her and not me.

Elizabeth is getting really good at pulling herself up on the furniture....and over the weekend, I am pretty sure I saw her try to cruise on the Christmas tree box. Uh-oh! We're in trouble.....

Until next time, have a great rest of the week. Enjoy your weekend! Have a great holiday season. Enjoy the time together with family and friends. Our love to all.....

No comments: