Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! (...on Saturday)

I know that it is Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I hope that each and every one of you had a wonderful holiday. ...and that you didn't eat too much turkey!

We had a nice holiday. My dad and Mike's mom and Arnold were here to have dinner with us and to spend some time visiting.

Our Thanksgiving dinner was a little different this year...we had international guests. Mike is currently installing equipment at work that they bought from a company in Denmark. Two guys from there have been in WV for a little while to work on the project. At Mike's request, I tried to find something for them to do on Thursday since that was going to be their only day off during their stay. Of course, I had no luck because Thanksgiving is such a big American holiday. So, Mike invited them to have dinner with us. It was a nice time and interesting too. They had questions about the holiday and why we have it. We also learned about Denmark. We were happy to be able to share our culture with them.

Last night we went to Chief Logan State Park. They put up Christmas light displays throughout the park, so we had dinner out and drove through the park. Nicholas really enjoyed the lights; he kept saying "Oh, look...there's _______" [fill in the blank with Santa Claus, Sponge Bob, a nutcracker, merry-go-round, snowman, etc...] Elizabeth didn't really do much, although I know she was awake. I think the adults enjoyed them too! :)

Nicholas is starting to get excited about Christmas. He keeps saying that he is going to tell Santa he wants Lightning McQueen and Spiderman. I know that he will enjoy helping us with decorations and stuff this year too. I hope to find a place to put our nativity so that we can have a specific place to talk about Baby Jesus and the reason for Christmas.

Elizabeth is getting bigger every day! She waves bye-bye now. She also is pulling herself up on the furniture....and she wants to be up now rather than down on the floor. It is wearing us all out! ...grandparents included, I think.... I have seen her up in her crib, on the toy chest and on the coffee table, not to mention she comes up real quick when you hold her hands....she also likes to pull up on me when I am sitting on the floor. I just don't want her to walk before she learns to crawl, so now I need to focus my physical therapy experience with Nicholas on her so I can try to get her to crawl soon.

If you went shopping yesterday, more power to ya! Hope you got your good deals...and what you were looking for. I would have had to drive over half an hour to get anywhere (other than Walmart) and I just didn't want to do that for MANY reasons! Those shopping plazas are packed on any given weekend.......you couldn't have paid me money to go yesterday! But the main reason is I just didn't have the want to do it this year. (I have, in the past, been known to join in the craziness and hit a few stores early Friday morning.)

Hope your holiday was a happy one! That you found yourself thankful for the many blessings in our lives. I know I did.....

No comments: