Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

...and it did, only to leave a dusting of snow this morning.

Tuesday night and most of yesterday morning, it rained nonstop. We have a creek that runs in front of the house but across the road. It was moving very fast and furious yesterday morning. We could hear it in the house. Mike woke me up about 6:45AM and said that he couldn't get out. Just down the road the creek crosses under the road and the culvert had gotten blocked, so water was up over the road. By the time it stopped raining and the creek backed down, it was just after noon before Mike could leave for work.

We have also had quite an adventure with a rug that we ordered through a sale at Mike's company. We ordered a few and when they came, one of them wasn't the right thing. The rug was mislabeled, so we were in the process of sending it back and reordering to get the right one. Well, we went home (well, north) to Dad's to spend Christmas with him and my sister. When Mike got back to work, he had an email that said the rug had been delivered. But there was no rug here! Turns out that FedEx delivered the replacement and later came back to pick up the wrong rug. Since we weren't home at the time (and our neighbor hadn't made it up to check on the house yet), the FedEx driver took the rug that was at the door.....the replacement rug. So we have been trying all week to figure out The Mystery of the Disappearing Rug. (Sounds like a Nancy Drew book to me!) Anyway, Mike took the rug to be returned with him to work yesterday and the replacement rug was delivered here this morning. (Working with two different locations made it a little less confusing for Karastan and FedEx!)

That's the drama from our house......

Nicholas is working on potty training...and doing pretty good, I must say. We started on Saturday and we're still going strong! Yeah!!!

Elizabeth is crawling on all 4's and getting into everything and going where ever she pleases. We hope to not have to put her in a fenced in area, but it may come to that. We'll see...

1 comment:

Dee said...

When we were in Idaho a few summers ago, we went through Jerome, Idaho, so Jerry got out and we took his picture by sign for the town. Pretty neat to have the town that is named after your family. Are you going to a United Methodist Church near you? This Sunday they are having people Baptized in 2008 there. My son called and wanted to know what service we were going to so we decided to go to the 11:00 with them. It will be easier for them to get down here. My Grandson, Owen, was Baptized in November. I think we'll go out for lunch afterwards. Our Christmas was very nice. Since we have 14 Grandkids, I always have a hard time with gifts. This year I decided to make them each something. I made them each a blanket. One of the fleece ones with the fringe. I made each one a different print (one that meant a little something for that particular person). I made my Mom one too and a few other people that I know. I made 17 in all. I sent 2 to Iraq and one to CA. I made a Reds one for Jerry's Dad's friend and a Seattle Seahawk one for Jerry's nephew (He lives in Seattle and the Seahawks have been his favorite since he was a little boy). It was fun. I love the Christmas decorations and hate to take them down...some people just can't wait to take them down...I don't understand that. Well, better go. Happy New Year to you all.