Wow - it's 2009!!! Where did 2008 go????
Things at the McWhorters are busy...as usual.
We spent Christmas playing with the toys we got from Santa. :) We celebrated Christmas with Mike's mom and stepdad here in Chapmanville. They also watched Elizabeth for us on Saturday, Dec 27 so that Mike, Nicholas and I could go to the Mieneke Car Care Bowl. WVU and North Carolina at Chapel Hill played a good football game...and Nicholas absolutely loved all of it, especially the band. (That sure made Mommy happy!)
We then spent New Year's Eve in Fairmont with my family. We had our Christmas with my sister, nieces and my dad. Then we were awake to see the new year in....although I think all of us fell asleep prior to midnight. Thankfully, Dad woke me up with about 40 seconds to go!
On our way back to Chapmanville, we drove through the town of McWhorter, WV. Mike's family settled there in the late 1700's. We stopped at the church and had Nicholas and Daddy's picture taken on the steps of the church. It is the McWhorter United Methodist Church.
No New Year's resolutions here, but I do have several things that I would like to get done in 2009. So I look at them more as goals than resolutions....I have a hard time of just cold-turkey changing my routine....and that's how I look at resolutions. If you made any, best wishes in sticking with them.
Until next time....blessings to you in the new year!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment