Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday...again....

Hope everyone had a great Easter. We did. Church service on Sunday was very nice. One of the young men is enlisting in the Army and leaves next week. He and his mother sang a song and then he sang one that he had written. It was touching close to the service. Also during service, the kids had an Easter egg hunt in Fellowship Hall. Nicholas and Elizabeth both came home with some eggs. They had been filled with candy of all sorts and a few had money. That candy + what the Easter bunny left = plenty of chocolate at our house.

Nicholas' soccer game on Saturday was cancelled due to the downpour of rain we had Friday night. The fields were just too wet to play. Grandma and Papaw Bramer had come down for the weekend in hopes of seeing Nicholas play. Instead, we held a practice in the back yard, so I guess they got to see him play in that respect. I am glad that he doesn't have team practice until Thursday. He is sick with a cold; he came down with it yesterday afternoon. Ugh! Sick boys are such babies. Why is that?

Elizabeth is walking better and better! Occasionally, she gets moving so fast that her feet can't keep up and she falls, but otherwise, she is on her feet! She is also becoming a good helper. This morning she helped bring me washcloths as I was folding the towels. I am doing all I can to keep her from getting this round of the cold. (I think I must have had it the last several days, but I didn't feel like it. Different kind of virus I guess....)

I have several projects going at the moment. Today is laundry day. Yesterday I started pulling more wallpaper off the wall. This time in the master bedroom. I had planned on just painting the wall the same color as the others, but in looking at those closer, they are going to need repainted too. So, now I'm not sure if I will change the color or not. I would also like to get new bedding. Lots to think about there. I also have an art project that I want to do. We bought some wood a couple of weeks ago. When Mike worked on the garage the other day, he found the miter box, so now I get those "sticks" cut up. Maybe I will work on that until I decide what to do with in my bedroom. I also need to go through a few things in the garage. Hopefully, we can get that all put up later this week when it's not raining. I would like to get my car back in the garage. So my plate is rather full at the moment.

Washing machine has stopped, so until next time...have a great day, a great week!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy. We are always full of projects too. We have a bad habit of starting news before we are completely done with the old!

I love the Easter picture of the kids!