I know that it's been over a week since I posted to the blog. We have had a lot going on. But I am going to try and make this short and sweet since I am extremely tired tonight.
Nicholas' soccer practice that I mentioned last time actually ended up being cancelled because of the wet weather. We ended up having it on Tuesday and then another on Thursday last week with a game on Saturday. He had a blast!
Then, with all of the rain, we realized that we had a big problem at the house. The drain in the side yard had backed up. Our water had no where to drain but into the garage and out into the driveway. Dad ended up coming down to help us. Between him and Mike, they dug a trench and found that the perforated pipe was crushed. They ended up taking it out and replacing it with a solid white pipe. This got done Saturday afternoon after the soccer match. Mike worked in the garage some on Saturday and Sunday trying to get it set up. Something that didn't get done last fall because we ran out of warm weather. Hopefully, he can finish it up this weekend.
I have been trying to straighten up a little bit more in the house this week, as well as taking a break. I was really tired on Monday.
Nicholas had PT and OT evaluations today....this time at a private therapy service...one that insurance hopefully will help with. He needs some of both kinds of therapy. The gals that worked with him have to write up a report and send it to the insurance company to see if they will cover any of the cost. I surely hope so!! Nicholas needs the additional help!
Elizabeth is doing well. She continues to learn more about walking. It's been fun watching her over the last month learn more and more. And another thing, that girl eats like a horse! She MUST be growing!
Well, the kids are both in bed, Mike's asleep in his chair, and I am very tired. I'm going to sign off now. I'll post pictures of Nicholas in his soccer uniform later. And maybe some of the flowering trees here at the house. It's been a beautiful spring!
Happy Easter!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment