Now that I have time, I am going to post on here. It's been a busy time around here.
Last week I spent time cleaning and getting ready to go away. Mike and I (yes, just the two of us) had a chance to get away last weekend. Mike's mom and stepdad came to our house to watch the children while we went to Tennessee for the weekend. A friend of mine had tickets to the Bristol Nascar races that she couldn't use, so that's what we did! It was a great time....loud, but the short tracks are so much fun. You can see everything! Since there aren't many hotels near this track, the custom is to rent out rooms in your home to race fans. Many of them serve breakfast in the morning, so it is really like a bed and breakfast. Mike and I stayed in one of these rooms. The folks that we stayed with were very nice. Their kids have a bluegrass gospel band and played music one night. We enjoyed that. On the way to the track one day, Mike noticed a sign and had to have me take a picture of it. (I've posted it to the right...the one about the cemetery. Kinda funny!)
Then on Monday, I got a phone call that my mother's cousin's husband had passed away. He was a great guy and a great friend of our family. So I ventured north to Fairmont for his memorial service. It was a really nice, upbeat service....just what he would have liked....very upbeat guy! The kids spent another day with Grandma and Papaw Bramer so that I could go to the service without them. (I didn't think it was a good idea to expose them to all of this just yet.)It was also nice to get to see family that I hadn't seen in years. Why is it that we only seem to see people at weddings and funerals?? I guess that's just how life is now that people are spread across the country so much.
This morning we got up early and headed back south. Elizabeth had her first year check-up. She is doing great! The doctor actually said "I don't have anything to tell you." You see, Elizabeth is now walking, drinking milk, weaned from her bottle to a sippy cup, and eating table food. So there really wasn't much for the doctor to say! Yeah!
Now I am just catching up on stuff...email, blogs, etc. The kids are running around playing. Hopefully, Mike will be home soon. Then we can start a busy weekend.... Nicholas is starting on the soccer team...first practice is tomorrow. We didn't find out about sign-ups until just last week, so we didn't know if he could still get on or not. But he did...and he is SO excited! It is going to be a good thing for all of us. Nicholas will get some socialization and we will get to meet the parents that we will be going through school with. Not to mention, it will be a great thing to do as a family!
With that, I am going to close for today. Have a great weekend!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment