Nicholas has been in school now for a week. He really is enjoying it. But the only thing I can gather is that he likes the bus because he won't tell me anything else about school. Last week I got out of him that they ate breakfast one day, lunch another, played outside, read a story and took a nap. (Now, I am pretty certain that they did more than that in 3 days time!)
Wednesday was Nicholas' first day catching the bus. That morning Daddy stayed home for a few extra minutes to see him off. (Mommy was actually kinda glad he was her - she needed an extra hug as the bus pulled away.) Nicholas was a little apprehensive about getting on the bus, but when he got home, he asked if he could ride the bus tomorrow. So, it was okay after all.
Last week they worked on A, a, 1, squares and red. (That information was sent home in their folders.) I haven't received anything about what they are learning this week yet. But Thursday is show and tell. We will have to think of something that Nicholas can take with him for that. :)
This classroom is very big on parent involvement. I plan to help out as I can, but right now, I am letting Nicholas have his time to get acclimated. Then maybe I'll go in once a week or so. We'll see. Good thing is I can take Elizabeth with me.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment