Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We're keeping busy

Nicholas is staying busy with school. And this week we added soccer again. The fall season is much shorter than the spring. They will only play for a month, but it is still very good for him. They were supposed to practice on Monday, but it was raining so the coach postponed it to Thursday night. His first game will be Saturday. This season Nicholas is on a team of all boys...6 of them. I don't know if any of the other kids played last year or not. Guess we'll find out!

This past weekend Mike had to work all weekend at the plant, so the kids and I went to visit friends in Ohio. We had a great time with the Allens! Our children are around the same age, so they enjoyed playing with each other. However, their youngest daughter is 8 months to Elizabeth's 18 months, but she still LOVED the baby. That was all we heard; she wanted to get toys for her and help a lot. The older ones played together very well....and had lots of fun. At the park, they were holding hands in the parking lot. It was so cute!

On Saturday, we went to the Columbus Zoo. It was fun. We even got to see Jack Hanna; he was part of one of the shows.

As for the home front, I had taken down the wallpaper in the entry a couple of weeks ago. I had hoped to paint last week but it didn't happen. So this week I made sure it got done. I am also trying to deal with a teething 18 month old. (We think she's getting two teeth at the same time!) I currently have Nicholas' birthday cake in the oven. That will be decorated tomorrow. Plus I had the normal laundry and cleaning to keep up with.

With all of this work, I hope to find time to rest before too long. Enjoy the rest of your week... and if you manage to rest, take a few extra minutes for me. :)

No comments: