Friday, July 25, 2008

Our final weekend in Indiana is upon us


Wednesday Mike and I bought a house in Chapmanville, WV. That is about 45 minutes south of Charleston, WV. The area is mountainous and very pretty. Mike and I took a drive that night too to see where Garrett's Fork (the road that leads up to Rock Lick) comes out at on the other side of the mountain, but we took a wrong turn and ended up some place different than where we thought we would. Even so, it made for a nice time of conversation for just the two of us and we saw some pretty country. (The kids stayed here in Indiana with a very dear friend.)

In my travels, I saw several neat things.
1) When I left yesterday morning to head back to Indiana, the fog was coming up out of the valleys in spots. That is such a neat site. Makes me happy to be headed back.
2) The sunlight shines on the trees on the mountians and gives them such a pretty a glow.
3) When I got down into Logan County, I saw a family of wild turkeys. There was one big one and probably five or six little ones along side the road feeding.

Henrietta, our kitty cat, traveled to Fairmont with me on this trip. She is staying with Pappa Francis until the rest of us join her next week. She was only there maybe 15 minutes before she made herself right at home sprawling out in the middle of the kitchen floor. :)

Several people have asked me if I am excited about going. My honest answer has to be yes and no. Mostly, just that I am ready. This has been a long couple of months and I am so ready for my family to be back together again. I am exicted to be headed "home" and to be only a few hours from our families. I am also excited about some of the possibilites of things I can do again, like go to WVU home football games, play in the alumni band, hopefully get involved in WV 4-H again, and reconnect with old friends who live closer there than here. But on the other hand, I really hate to leave the friends that we have made here in Indiana. Mike and I have lived here for same as 10 years now. It is just going to be really strange not to see these people as often as we do now. We have a lot of great memories to take with us to WV!

Well, we have a big weekend ahead. The moving truck will be here Monday morning to start packing and loading us up. Mike will be here later tonight so he can use the weekend to help get stuff in order for Monday. He is also going to the Brickyard 400 (Nascar race) on Sunday with some of the guys. And we are meeting friends for dinner tomorrow night at a favorite spot. So with all of our work, we are going to manage to get in a little fun too! :)

I will try to make one last post next week before we leave.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

angieandphil said...

What a beautiful house Steph!