But still not much color on the leaves here. The area we are in has had a late drought, so that might be having something to do with it. Regardless, the sun is shining and the sky is very blue. It is a little chilly, so we are not leaving the house. (I am doing housework today!)
Yesterday, Nicholas had his first visit to the dentist. Several of his teeth have enamel that has chipped off. I started noticing them a little over a year ago when he fell and hit his mouth at a friend's birthday party. I took him to our dentist in IN and he said they were okay but to watch them. They have gotten progressively worse and new chips have appeared on different teeth. So, I decided it was time to get them looked at again. (Plus Nicholas was complaining about the time I made the appt.) We saw Dr. Martin, a pediatric dentist, up in Charleston. (It is a bit of a hike, but I want him to have the right doctors....nothing new huh?) Nicholas got a good report on his teeth. The chips that he has are a defect in his teeth. Nothing that they can do about them (at least nothing that wouldn't be overkill). If the same thing is seen when his permanent teeth come in, then that's a different story. As for his cleaning, he did WONDERFUL!!!! He let them brush his teeth and floss. He also got a fluoride treatment.....and a nifty new Spiderman toothbrush!!! I was so proud of him!
Elizabeth is getting stronger and stronger every day. She can pull herself to a stand when you are holding her hands and she is sitting on your lap. I am really surprised that she isn't crawling on all 4's yet. She can get up on them and rock, but she just hasn't realized that she can go forward that way. Only a matter of time..... She has now been through all of her 1st foods. Pears for lunch....now when all that I have in the cupboard is gone, I am going to move her to Stage 2 foods. I can't remember if I told you that she is "talking"....well, she is. At 7 months old, the switch flipped on and she talks all the time now.
For those of you watching the football game tonight, cheer on our Mountaineers with us! We play Auburn, so we'll see.... Gotta be positive though! The Auburn boys might think this is an easy game and the Mounties show up to play ball. Also, if you see the WVU commercial shown during the game, the song behind it called "The Start of Something" is by a friend of both Mike and I.....Scott Simons. He went to high school with Mike and was in WVU Marching Band with me.
Until next time....
PS - New pictures of the kiddos. :)
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment