Yeah! I am celebrating that the sun is out! I am SO tired of all the rain. We need a break even if it is only for a little while. (They are forecasting more rain tonight, tomorrow and Saturday.)
We've had an okay week...the rain put a damper on things, especially my outlook and attitude. (I haven't been diagnosed but I am certain that I suffer from SAD. That sunlight deficiency thing.)
Monday Nicholas had PT and OT. Both went very well. He seemed to have a lot of fun. We also ran around Charleston for a bit before and after. I take advantage of the time and do whatever shopping I need to do when I am up there. I have to...it's 40 minutes away!
Tuesday and Wednesday we just hung out here at home for the most part. I had to run to Foodland yesterday afternoon. Hot dog sauce was being craved, so I made a big batch. Some of it will go in the freezer for a time later this summer!
Today, the kids and I went down to the church to see what their handbell situation was. I had asked a couple of days ago if they had a handbell set that wasn't being used...and the answer I got back was yes.....and would you be interested in being the leader and starting it up again. Mike and I talked it over and we are going to give it a go. (I am a bit scared since neither of us are musically inclined to be a director.) When the kids went down for their naps after lunch, I decided that I needed to weed out the area that was used as a garden by the previous owner. This weekend I would like to plant some tomatoes and a few other vegetables. I am even thinking about putting out a small herb garden. Before the weekend, I need to pull out my gardening book and get a little more educated about a few things, especially herbs.
I hear Elizabeth waking up from her nap, so I will sign off. Hopefully, I can enjoy a little more sunshine today before it begins raining again.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment