Nicholas was in seventh heaven this week. He got to go on his first field trips with school.
On Monday, they went to the fire station. He said that he met George, and that George lives at the fire station. He also told us that if you have smoke in your house, you are supposed to crawl out. And if you have a fire, call 911. Each of the kids also got a fire hat to wear, so he's been playing with that all week. (Luckily, we had another one here already. So Elizabeth has been playing right along.)
Then yesterday (Wednesday), the kids went to the movie theater. They saw "Where the Wild Things Are." He really enjoyed that as well. They got a drink and popcorn, and then, according to Nicholas, "sat back and watched the movie." I think he thought they were going to get 3-D glasses. When they didn't, he came home just a little bit disappointed. I said it was a treat to get a drink and popcorn and he agreed. I heard nothing more about the glasses.
Unfortunately, Elizabeth has been fighting a cold this week, so I couldn't go on either of these field trips. I had hoped to go to the movie too. Hopefully, next time things won't be so crazy and she and I can join him on the next adventure.
....and there is another "field" trip in store for Nicholas this weekend (provided he gets over the funk that he has today). I sure hope so; Mike and I were REALLY looking forward to this weekends activities.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment