Saturday, October 31, 2009

WVU Homecoming Weekend


Last weekend was WVU's Homecoming. Mike took Nicholas to the game, his first at Mountaineer Field, and I marched in the Alumni Band. We all had a really good time. I had to be at band practice early in the morning; we played through the music and learned a very simple marching drill. I saw many old friends, but regretfully, I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I would have liked. It is so hard to catch-up and do everything else on Saturday.

Mike and Nicholas sat just below the pressbox on the 50 yard line. From what I hear, Nicholas was a hit with the ladies up there. Nicholas also got to experience tail-gating first hand. We went to a friend's tailgate and spent some time there both before and after the game.

Over the course of the weekend, we also had a chance to visit with my sister and her girls, Grandma and Papaw Bramer, and Pappa Francis and Judy. Everyone had a good time!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Sounds fun, I need to join you next year! Although I don't know if I can play my piccolo anymore! We haven't taken the kids to a full football game b/c thought they would be bored. We have tailgated and watched the band/cheerleaders for OSU though and they had a lot of fun.