Monday, June 23, 2008

We've been having fun

Yesterday we went to the Indianapolis Indians baseball game with several other families from our Sunday school class. That was a lot of fun. Nicholas really enjoyed cheering for the guys running and catching the ball. He also had fun playing and talking with the other kids. Elizabeth, on the other hand, didn't want much to do with the game. She preferred to be held. Luckily, I had some other mommies there that wanted to spend time with her. :) Thanks gals! That allowed me to focus on Nicholas for a change.

We had another fun day today. Nicholas and Mommy made cookies. Before lunch, Nicholas "snuck" his first cookie off the counter. I had turned around to tend to Elizabeth, and when I looked back, Nicholas had about 4 bites of an oatmeal raisin cookie stuffed in his mouth. It was one of those things that you couldn't help but laugh.

Elizabeth is getting really good at rolling. She can roll from front to back and back to front. Somehow or another she also manages to get herself turned around facing the opposite direction. I have yet to catch her in action, but I have seen the result many times. I am very lucky....she continues to sleep through the night. She has done this since about 5 weeks old. For that, I am very thankful!

We have another showing on the house tomorrow. This will be #17. I am beginning to wonder if we will ever sell the house. I just can't believe that this many people have come through and we haven't had an offer (at least one that we would consider - there was one 4 days into this, but it wasn't really worth our time). Hopefully, we will be able to be a family again soon. :) I know that Nicholas wants that too. He has told me several times over the last couple of days: "I miss my Daddy."

Well, I need to get some sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow. Hope you have a good week!

No comments: