Monday, September 29, 2008

A Busy Weekend

It was a rather busy (but fun!!!) weekend for the McWhorters.

Mike took Friday off from work so that we could get some legal stuff done around here. We are now officially residents of WV....we got our licenses and license plates. The thing that really surprised me is that we got our old driver's license numbers back. Kind of neat....

We spent the weekend in northern WV celebrating birthdays. Saturday night we had dinner with Arnold and his family at a local Italian restaurant to celebrate 70 years for him. I made his birthday cake and Connie gave me pictures throughout his life to put on the cake. It was really neat....and fun to make! Then on Sunday we celebrated Nicholas' 3rd birthday with family and friends at Pappa Francis' house. It was fun watching him interact with everyone. He had a Cars party. I made his cake as well....a stacked tier cake with racing colors...one layer even had black and white checkers around the sides. Lightning McQueen was at the top of the cake. Again, I had fun making this one too. :)

Although it was a packed weekend, we had lots of fun visiting with our family and friends. I believe that it is so important for families to spend time together and visit, especially for the sake of the little ones. Some of the best memories that I have are of family picnics and other times that we got together with everyone. I hope that my kids have these same opportunities.

With all of the traveling, we got to watch the leaves begin to change. Either this week or next should be the best week for them. I hope to get some good pictures. With all the mountains around us, I am anxious to see how the leaves look this year.

We are a complete family again. Henrietta returned with us last night from my dad's house. I am glad to have her back, but I also hated to take her because she and Dad have enjoyed each other's company the last couple of months. Thanks Dad!

Best wishes for a great week!

No comments: