Last night we had Greek for dinner. I have been wanting some good tzatziki, but since we don't have any Greek restaurants down here, I had to find a recipe and make it myself. And, boy, was it good! I also made a Greek roasted chicken and potatoes recipe, as well as some Greek green beans. All in all, it was yummy! Not exactly like the Acropolis in Indianapolis, but in a pinch....
In other "news" - we worked in the garden last night. Mike put the stakes in for the tomatoes and then we built the fence for the cucumbers together. Our little garden is looking good....8 tomato plants (Beefsteak and Mr. Stripey) and two cucumber plants. We also have a few peppers, but they aren't doing that great. We put out 8 plants (4 green pepper and 4 banana peppers), but we now have 6 left and they are still small. Hopefully they start growing soon. The cherry tomato plant on the deck actually has a few green fruits already. I used some basil and mint from my herb plants on Monday night for dinner. I love summer gardening!
Later today I am going to be baking for a bake sale they are having at Mike's work tomorrow. Then Friday I am making a couple of cakes for the carnival at church on Saturday. So it's another week in the kitchen, but I love it! One of the perks of staying at home is I actually have time to cook.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmm, you got my taste budding going!
We love Greek too.
And Mexican, and Italian, and Thai, and Indian..... :)
Post a Comment