Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday, Monday....

Wow! I can't believe it's been over a week since I wrote on the blog!

Last Monday Nicholas had the bronch. The doctor said that if he hadn't known Nicholas' history, then he wouldn't have even known that anything was wrong. GREAT NEWS!!! The doctor also took the tubes out of his ears. All in all, everything went okay. Nicholas was a bit of a bear waking up from the anesthesia. But if that's the worst thing, I'll take it!

They say that God works in mysterious ways. I believe this, but again, I have a story. With this bronch being in WV and not at one of the Indy hospitals where I knew what to expect and all that jazz, I was a bit apprehensive. #1 - The nurse brought Nicholas a small crocheted blanket with a tag that said Christ Church United Methodist (in Clarksburg, WV). For those of you who aren't aware, the church we attended in Indiana was Christ United Methodist Church! #2 - When the resident that was assisting Dr. Ramadan came to talk to me, he asked where in Indiana we were from. I told him that we were from WV but had lived in Indiana for 10 years. He was from Muncie, graduated from Indiana University, AND knew Dr. Miyamoto! Talk about my apprehension going away. I knew that God was answering my prayers, as well as all of our family and friends.

The kids and I spent the rest of the week in Fairmont. I helped Dad do a little bit of cleaning and changing the curtains in the living room and dining room. That was a job because we had to change out all of the hardware too. He wanted something different...and I think he got it. It looks good. Pappa and the kids also mowed part of the yard one afternoon. They all had fun. We also visited with Grandma and Papaw Bramer. Again, I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Jennifer and her girls came down Friday night for a bit. Then we headed back to Chapmanville on Saturday, with a pit stop in Flatwoods at the outlets. This was the first chance that I have had to do that. We have always been on a timeline to get back before. It was fun to take the break and shop at the outlets for a bit....even if there isn't very much there anymore.

This week I am trying to get back into the swing of things here. House cleaning, laundry, meal planning and cooking. Same stuff as usual..... Hopefully, I can work in a little bit of "remodeling" too. I am working on the master bath right now. It's just going to take some time. There is a lot to do in there!

Hope that you all have a good week! Maybe the weather forecasters will be wrong and it won't rain this week again.... Ugh, if it does!

No comments: