July 9th was just another day....that's what my dad says about birthdays, and I am at the point that I agree! I spent my birthday driving to Dad's. Nicholas had a doctor's appointment in Morgantown the next day. My sister and her girls came down for supper with us. Dad's friend Judy was there too. We had a nice evening.
Friday, after Nicholas' doctor appointment (which went well....they were checking his ears to see how they were doing after taking out his tubes in early June), the kids and I met up with Jennifer and the girls and drove to Idlewild Park in PA for a fun filled day! Nicholas and Breagan both rode their first rollercoaster...and both of them loved it. Nicholas kept telling me that he wanted to sit in the front seat, and I kept telling him that we would see when we got up there. As luck would have it, we were first in line for the our trip, so we rode up front. I also took Brayleigh for a ride. Breagan went with her mommy. As much as a dare-devil as Elizabeth is, I think she would have gone too if she had been tall enough!
Saturday we did a little shoe shopping. Both of my kids needed new tennis shoes. Then we went to Grandma and Papaw Bramer's house. They took all of us to McDonald's for supper and the kids got to play in the play area. The kids had a good time, as did the rest of us watching. Then we went to Bridgeport City Park for a festival they were having. More playground playing and then a fireworks and laser light show to cap off the evening.
Sunday Mike met us for dinner in Charleston. We went to Olive Garden to celebrate my birthday. He had to miss out on the fun of the weekend because he was working.
The next week I spent a lot of time cleaning and getting ready to go to state 4-H camp. Grandma and Papaw Bramer and Pappa Francis and Aunt Betty were coming to take care of the kids for us while I went to camp and Mike to work. Between laundry, packing, shopping, preparing for a trip after camp, and a few other things, I kept VERY busy!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment